Monday, October 19, 2009

Punkin Cookies



Fall is my absolute favorite season! It's time to break out the cinnamon and the nutmeg and the pumpkins and the apples... I love everything about this season! One of my favorite things is smelling all the warm smells of cookies baking, so I figured that I could combine a lot of my favorite things and make PUMPKIN COOKIES!!!


I used a basic recipe that I found online and followed it through without making many changes (which is pretty rare for me)! I just love the flavor of brown sugar, so I swapped out 1/2 cup of granulated sugar for brown sugar... they turned out great!


  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

~ Preheat the oven to 350
~ In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt).
~ In separate, larger bowl, cream together the sugars and butter until thoroughly combined. Add in the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla.
~ Slowly, add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend with hand mixer until all ingredients are combined.
~ Drop the cookie dough by the spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through. Set on cooling rack to dry.
~ Again, I love sugar and cinnamon, so I whipped up a quick icing with powdered sugar, cinnamon and a little bit of milk. Once all combined, I drizzled over the cooled cookies with a fork.









Because I had a HUGE can of pureed pumkin, I doubled the recipe and came out with TONS of cookies... I took half of the batch to school with me (which my fellow teachers all ate very quickly!) and sent the other half with Curt to his office!

Does anyone else have any good pumpkin recipes?
I think I want to try making a pumpkin cheesecake next!

No comments:

Post a Comment